Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Dream On

One of my favorite Aerosmith songs is “Dream On”. It’s a song that inspires me, that reminds me that dreams can come true.

At the same time the song reminds me that living solely for the future and the achievement of those dreams can sometimes be folly. We must also enjoy the journey and celebrate the steps along the way:

Sing with me, sing for the year
Sing for the laughter, sing for the tears
Sing with me, if it's just for today
Maybe tomorrow, the good lord will take you away

Dreams are our vision of the life we want to have. They provide motivation. But a dream without action is just a fantasy.

The actions necessary to achieve our dreams can be dull and frustrating. It can take years, or even decades to achieve our dreams. We often face many challenges and set backs along the way. We may often want to give up and declare our dreams impossible.

While we are singing for the long-term, we must also sing for today. We must dream for the long-term, and enjoy the victories of each day. So dream on until your dreams come true.

© BEP Enterprises Incorporated 2008

No comments: