Tuesday, September 2, 2008

The Little Engine That Could

The Little Engine That Could is a classic children's story that teaches the value of optimism. While larger trains refused to try, the little engine kept repeating "I think I can". In the end, the little engine succeeded.

Simply believing we can achieve a goal does not mean that it is possible or that we will achieve it. However, if we say "I can't" we will most certainly prove ourself correct. Brian Tracy has a nice little video on the subject. He applies it to sales, but the same optimistic attitude applies to virtually every area of life.



Self-confidence is a crucial part of sales success. If we do not believe in the painting services we are selling, that will be projected to the customer. If we do not have confidence in our price, that will be projected to the customer.

Saying "I think I can" doesn't mean that I can. It does mean that I will try. And before I can, I first must try.

No comments: