Thursday, May 15, 2008

What to do with Your Rebate Check

It seems like everybody has a suggestion on how you should spend your tax rebate check, and it usually involves their store or their product. Since I am such a follower, and have a web site that sells stuff, I’ll make a similar suggestion. Go to Out of the Bucket.com and buy everything we have.

Seriously though, you should really consider investing some of the money into your business. Take a training class, or buy QuickBooks, or do something else to expand your business skills. If you spent $500 on learning something valuable about business, you could turn that investment into thousands before the end of the year.

I know, training is expensive. You don’t have time. Blah, blah, blah. To be blunt, these are silly excuses. Lots of things are expensive—spray rigs, trucks, a gallon of gas. But you buy these things because they help you make money. What about your brain? Does that help you make money? If so, why aren’t you investing in it?

As far as time goes, I hate to be the one to break the news to you, but there are 24 hours in every day. Always has been, always will be. I don’t have any more time in the day than you do. I just choose to use my time differently, that’s all. So when someone says, “I don’t have time” what they really mean is “I choose to use my time for other things.”

But I digress. Marketing is an investment. Equipment is an investment. Training is an investment. Invest your rebate check. You’ll thank me some day.

© BEP Enterprises Incorporated 2008

No comments: